The food retail industry is undergoing a dramatic transformation. To stay competitive, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and store operators need solutions that promote integration, provide flexibility, but most importantly, produce relevant data insights. With the Copeland™ indoor modular solution, Emerson has created the first end-to-end solution to the industry’s most pressing refrigeration challenges. Read more about this groundbreaking innovation in our recent E360 Product Spotlight.
Consumer preferences are prompting the creation of new — and often smaller — store formats. Corporate sustainability goals and environmental regulations are driving the expansion of new refrigeration technologies. And retailers need meaningful operational and energy performance data now — rather than after equipment fails, food safety is put at risk or higher-than-expected utility bills come rolling in.
OEMs and store operators require a smarter and more adaptable foundation on which to build for the future. In response, Emerson has introduced the Copeland indoor modular solution. A 2020 AHR Innovation Award finalist, it seamlessly integrates refrigeration equipment with Emerson facility controls. It is the industry’s first all-in-one offering that includes hardware, software and services.
More capabilities in a low-profile package
Emerson’s Copeland™ variable speed scroll compressors are trusted by OEMs for their superior reliability, efficiency, variable capacity and quiet operation. Likewise, Emerson’s Connect+ enterprise management software and lifecycle services help operators across the spectrum to unlock the full potential of their data.
The Copeland indoor modular solution combines both to deliver:
- High-caliber performance:The low-profile, quiet system enhances in-store customer experiences while the highly efficient modules perform well above the Department of Energy consumption targets for commercial refrigeration equipment.
- Real-time access to data:Advanced electronics that easily integrate with facility controls help operators’ to monitor, triage and respond to issues.
- Enterprise-level visibility:Remote monitoring of refrigeration, HVAC, lighting and other assets helps operators achieve their food quality, safety and energy performance goals.
- Project certainty:Emerson-authorized technicians facilitate on-time, on-budget store launches.
- Exceptional support:Emerson supports operators throughout the life of their stores with systems integration, commissioning, maintenance and aftermarket services.
Demonstrated value across the supply chain
The Copeland indoor modular solution is designed for stores seeking to deploy distributed architectures. As a low-cost, small-footprint and low-maintenance alternative to traditional large centralized systems and remote systems, it offers the adaptability that OEMs and operators require in today’s marketplace. But don’t let its slim profile deceive you. The Copeland indoor modular solution is a workhorse that delivers advantages across the entire supply chain:
- OEMs benefit from the configurability of Copeland products and a plug-in approach that accelerates time to market.
- Store owners and operators benefit from Emerson technologies that can lower operating costs, provide precise refrigeration loads, help to prevent food loss, maximize merchandising space and ensure optimal in-store experiences.
- Enterprise managers benefit from easy-to-deploy, standard refrigeration modules that minimize startup complexities and enable scalability for new stores; they also gain key insights into store performance, historic trends and outliers.
The industry-wide changes that are pushing OEMs and operators to be more flexible and adaptable are made more complicated by their interconnected nature. The innovative pairing of our comprehensive refrigeration portfolios with our proven solutions expertise equips stakeholders with the best toolset to overcome these challenges. In this respect, the Copeland indoor modular solution is more than a data-driven solution.
Learn more about how the Copeland indoor modular solution is setting a new standard for cold chain integration and automation by reading the full E360 article.
*Emerson’s Climate Technologies business is now a new standalone company – Copeland. Over the next...
As we’ve discussed previously in this A2L Fundamentals video and blog series, the stage is set for...
With A2L refrigerants poised for regulatory approval in commercial refrigeration, many service...